Monday, March 3, 2014

#6 The World Bank



The website that I just came across I think is the most helpful and interesting thing that I found so far all semester. As you can see from the picture below, the World Bank is an organization trying to rid the world of poverty. The World bank has many projects and operations with which it is involved and is constantly trying to make people aware of what poverty is and how we can try and stop it. I really enjoyed this website because it has such a variety of different things to read about and tons of data and statistics that are relevant to my topic of poverty. This one website gave me insight to things I never knew about and supplied me with many articles to read without having to keep changing to a series of different websites. Just about anything that I could need or want to discover about poverty is now so easy for me to find because this website has everything I could want to know about poverty. I would encourage everyone to take the time to read through some of the organizations and plans for stopping poverty; you never know how you can help to make a difference in the world by doing something simple. I noticed that there are live chats on this website for people to express their own views about poverty. I hope to participate one day and to hear other people's ideas so that I can try and make a difference in the world of poverty too. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment