Sunday, April 27, 2014

#4 My Final Summary/Reaction

Throughout this semester is was definitely able to gain a better understanding of what poverty really is. By researching and learning a good deal of information, I can definitely say that I have gained a great deal of knowledge on the subject. Not only am I more informed, but I can definitely say that I now know more about what people are going through and can put myself in their shoes. When I got the results of my poverty survey, I wasn't at ll surprised to find out that my hypothesis had been correct. I had guessed that majority of people really did not know a great deal about poverty at all. My questions were more fact based than other people who gave surveys because I really wanted to see the percentage of people who did not know specific information in order to be able to prove my point.For example, when asked " What percentage of humanity lives on less than $10 a day?", 64% of the people I surveyed answered incorrectly. Some other things that more than half of the people surveyed got incorrect were " How many children die each day due to poverty? and "What is the poverty line for a family of 4?". I think that many people have a basic idea about poverty but don't really know the specifics. After this semester of research I am happy to be more informed about poverty so that I can help broaden other people's knowledge as well. Hopefully with a more extensive knowledge I can put it to good use and help to make a change for the better in regards to poverty and make a difference in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment